Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

I've been converted to a Clay Cloth!

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2014, 11:09 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Default I've been converted to a Clay Cloth!

I do love cleaning my cars.. snow foam.. clay bar and wax etc etc.

But over the summer my clay bar ran out.

Whilst I surfed on Midlandscoobies forum, I saw that there was a thread about the benefits of using a Clay Cloth.

So I took a punt and bought one (the club discount gave 10% off too).

Not wanting to over do the cleaning on the scoob, I thought I'd try it on my mum's Aygo first lol

Snow foamed it, rinsed it, washed the car with shampoo, rinsed again and then used the clay cloth.... using my usual mix of shampoo an water as the lubricant.
You need to pre soaked in warm water the clay cloth before use.

after going over all the car, in the normal way of using a clay bar I re rinsed it all over again and dried off witha Micro fibre towel.

I finished off the car with a whizz over with some detailing spray and polished it up.

Conclusion:
Being a die hard Car Bar user, I have to say I was sceptical. I don't no why as the results were just like a clay bar, glass like finish but I have to say it was so much easier to use the clay cloth over a clay bar. Non of this pre warming a bit of clay bar in your hands and forming it into a round patty.
The other advantage with the clay cloth is I can re use it. Just rinse out well, allow to dry naturally of course. Then it can be used loads of times, they say you can do 100 car with it!

So all in all I'm rather pleased. I'd recommend one to anyone to try out.
Old 31 October 2014, 09:42 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice advert

They do have their place on a lightly contaminated car but there's no way they can replace clay on a heavily contaminated car even after Iron and Tar fallout have been removed before using.

The heavy grade cloths also leave behind more marring on the paint. Not a problem if you're machine polishing afterwards but a right royal pain in the **** if you're not.

Try using one on a car then following behind with your usual clay routine. You'll be surprised on what they pull off of the paint.

Don't get me wrong they do work and I do use them up to a point but I still find myself using normal clay just as much.