Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Off Topic > Bikers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bikers Discuss motorbike Insurance, training, best roads, clothing, helmets, biker gear. ScoobyNet's knee-down, wheelie-popping, chicken-line chat

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 19 July 2006, 09:15   #1
NorthDave
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)
Default One day motorbike insurance

Hi

I've just done my CBT and theory test and am due to do the direct access test at the end of this month. Me and my mate thought it would be a good idea to do some riding before hand and the instructor has offered to lend us a couple of bikes for the day.

The instructors insurance only covers pupils when being instructed and my car insurance doesnt cover me third party. Any ideas where I can get insurance from?

Thanks

Dave
NorthDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2006, 12:29   #2
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Dave, even if you're doing DA you're currently only licenced to ride a 125 unless you're out with an instructor under certain conditions. I'm sure you know that but it's worth repeating

I know that e-bike do monthly insurance but that's as close as I can think of...

SB
Sbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2006, 21:02   #3
speed demoness
Scooby Regular

Send a message via MSN to speed demoness

i got insurance a number of years ago just for the day to drive my ex father in laws car as they were moving from Manchester to Carlise. didn't cost that much either.

As SB said, ebike do a pay as you go insurance.

it maybe worth ringing a couple of brokers local to yourself to enquire!
speed demoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2006, 11:25   #4
CarMan
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Saw this advertised in a motorway services?

http://www.dayinsure.com/
CarMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2006, 11:25

Tags
25, bice, bike, cover, day, indsurance, insurance, insurene, motor, motorbike, motorcycle, ni, snowmbobile, unsurance, usa